ALVA-TECH FB65NH-5 Fire Barrier Material is a graphite intumescent elastomer formulated to protect surfaces and openings in three ways:
- On exposure to flame and heat, the material absorbs heat and begins to expand. At 350ºF (177ºC) expansion begins and at 450ºF (232ºC) expansion is substantial.
- The material forms an insulating barrier to retard the spread of flame and control temperature increase.
- The material forms a refractory char as the temperature continues to rise, providing additional protection.
Typical Intumescent Properties
|350ºF (177ºC)||Expansion Begins|
|375ºF (191ºC)||1.5 X|
|450ºF (232ºC)||10 X|
|500ºF (260ºC) and Above||15 - 25 X|
- Wall / Floor Penetrations
- Poke-through Fittings
- Fire Door Seals
- Boxes & Enclosures
- Cable Wrap
ALVA-TECH FB-65NH-5 Fire Barrier Material can be supplied in a wide variety of customized shapes, forms and colors. Standard polyethylene coated sheets are available in various sizes 0.060″ (1.5mm) to 3″ (76mm) thick. Tapes in varying thickness and widths are also available in addition to custom-molded designs.
ALVA-TECH FB-65NH-5 Fire Barrier Material Properties
- Expansion (intumescence) can be either multi-directional or unidirectional for sealing openings
- Protection provided by formation of expanded char
- Outstanding flexibility for easy handling and application
- Easily cut to size and shape
- Can be custom molded to many shapes and thickness’ to minimize waste and allow freedom in product design.
Alva-Tech Fire Barrier Sheet FB-5NH-5 (polyethylene coated)
Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. Recognized Component, Guide OEXX2, File No. R10488. See U.L. Recognized Component Directory.